The party didn’t seem to end at Salvaje Japanese restaurant in Midtown Miami on Saturday night, despite a decent-sized fire.
A video posted on Only in Dade shows how the fire apparently started: a festive sparkler decoration got out of hand.
Customers seem to think it’s part of the fun at first, but then the smoke starts to rise furiously and the decor turns into mini hell. The next part of the clip shows firefighters coming to the rescue outside the Hyde Midtown hotel hot spot with fire extinguishers.
Commentators couldn’t resist the black humor (and plenty of fiery emojis) under the post:
âIt’s literally on.
“New Indoor Fireworks Guidelines Coming!” “
âThe roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! “
“Where’s the ‘Oh no oh no oh no no no no no no no’ [TikTok] song??”
It is not known if anyone was injured. A Salvaje spokesperson did not return a request for comment.
And there is no mention of the incident on the 170-seat restaurant’s Instagram page.
A person who answered the phone on Tuesday said Salvaje is currently closed for “remodeling.” She said the upscale restaurant is expected to reopen on Thursday and is still accepting reservations.
This internationally renowned import, with restaurants in Spain, Panama and Colombia, recently opened its first branch in the United States in January.
The place is known for its over-the-top decor, which includes golden rhinos and (yes) elaborate lighting fixtures.